Looking for housing?
There are several different avenues you can pursue in looking for housing.
1) Member Organizations
If you’re looking for affordable housing in a specific neighborhood please refer to one of our member organizations who serve your community.
2) Search Engines
The following websites are also helpful search engines for finding assisted housing.
- Direct2Housing provides helpful tools including contact information,
application process and eligibility criteria for Supportive Housing options in Metro Chicago.
- ILHousingSearch.org is run by the Illinois Housing Development Authority, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, Illinois Department of Human Services, and Illinois Department on Aging to provide detailed information about rental properties and help people find housing to best fit their needs.
3) City of Chicago Emergency Hotlines
For temporary shelter referrals: Visit the City of Chicago website or call 311 for referral to the nearest Human Services Center.
4) Other City of Chicago Programs
For additional assistance contact the following public agencies:
5) Chicago Housing Authority
CHAC administers the Housing Choice Voucher Program for the Chicago Housing Authority.
Visit Metropolitan Tenants Organization for information on tenants rights related to apartment conditions, heat and essential services, leases and evictions. Tenants rights hotline: 773-292-4988
Return to About CRN